Winix HR900 Review
The Winix HR900 air purifier is a one-of-a-kind unit that’s designed specifically for pet owners.
In fact, you won’t find many other air purifiers on the market today that are built strictly for cats, dogs, birds, and other household pets.
If you have animals of any kind, then the Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier might be everything you want and need in a home air purifier.
At its core, it works hard to remove pet dander, hair, and odors from your indoor air so that it’s clean and fresh to breathe.
The filters on the Winix HR900 air purifier include:
- Ultimate Pet Pre-filter – This pre-filter is the first line of defense in this machine and it does a great job of capturing the largest pollutant particles in your home. This includes large pet dander, hair, and fur. To ensure this filter is working optimally, it’s recommended that you replace it once a month.
- Washable Mesh Pre-filter – After going through the pet pre-filter, the air will then go through another pre-filter where more large particles are trapped, including dust and lint. This filter can be washed and reused, and doing so often will extend the life of the remaining filters.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter is in place to remove any pet odors from the air. It’s also effective against other smells and airborne gases that might be in the surrounding air.
- True HEPA Filter – With the ability to capture 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size, this filter ensures that your air is as clean as it can be. It captures the finest pet dander particles as well as other allergens, pollen, mold spores, and bacteria.
- Winix PlasmaWave – This feature makes the Winix brand stand out from the rest, and it has the ability to make the air in your home incredibly clean and fresh. It uses special technology to put air into a plasma state that reacts with water vapor to break apart pollutants like bacteria, viruses, and VOCs to keep you and your pets healthy.
Winix HR900 CADR Rating
To ensure that an air purifier is effective and efficient at its job, the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) conducts an independent test to see how well the unit removes pollen, dust, and smoke from the air.
The results of those measurements are considered the air purifier’s CADR rating.
Winix HR900 Top Features
In addition to an air purifier’s ability to clean your air, many of these units come with extra features that make them easy and convenient to operate.
The top features included on the Winix HR900 air purifier are the following:
- Smart Sensors – These sensors monitor three things in the room: airborne particles, odors, and light. The sensors then send a signal to the air purifier to make changes to the internal air cleaning system.
- Air Quality Indicator – This LED light strip informs how good or bad the air quality is in the room. Blue = Good, Amber = Fair, and Red = Poor.
- Auto Mode – Working with the Smart Sensor, when you put the air purifier into Auto Mode, it will automatically change the fan speed based on the air quality to ensure that you’re getting the cleanest, freshest air possible throughout your room.
- Sleep Mode – If you’re using the Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier in your bedroom, it can sense the amount of ambient light and automatically turn the fan speed setting to low and disable the lights on the unit so that your sleep doesn’t get disturbed.
- Child Lock – This feature ensures that your kids can’t accidentally change the settings on your air purifier.
Who is the Winix HR900 Air Purifier for?
The Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier is clearly for pet owners.
However, it’s also a good choice for anyone who suffers from pet allergies related to cats, dogs, or birds.
If you want to reduce the level of pet dander, hair, and odors in your home, this is one of the best air purifiers you can get.
More Winix HR900 Reviews
The Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier was designed with pet owners in mind, and it can help remove pet dander, hair, and odors in your home so it smells fresh and is easier to breathe.