Winix AM90 Review
The Winix brand has been creating high-quality air purifiers for more than 40 years.
And one of the top benefits of choosing a Winix air purifier is that you’re getting a good unit at a reasonable price.
The Winix AM90 air purifier continues that brand’s tradition and even offers some advanced technology to make it easy to use.
When you add this air purifier to your home, office, or apartment, you can rest assured knowing that you are getting incredibly fresh and clean air without having to tweak a bunch of settings or pay much for it.
Winix AM90 Air Filter Types
Like many other Winix air purifiers, the Winix AM90 Wi-Fi air purifier offers a four-stage air filtration system with the following filters:
- Pre-filter – This filter is in place to capture the largest particles that are in the air. This includes substances such as dust, dirt, hair, and lint.
- Activated Carbon filter – If you have any smells or odors in your home that you want to remove, then you need an air purifier with this filter. It also has the ability to get rid of gaseous pollutants, airborne chemicals, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that might be drifting around your indoor space.
- True HEPA filter – Only the highest-quality air purifiers have this filter because it has the ability to remove more than 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size. This includes items such as ultrafine dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and bacteria.
- Winix PlasmaWave – This feature makes the Winix AM90 air purifier stand out from the competition. It uses special technology to put air into a plasma state that reacts with water vapor to break apart pollutants like bacteria, viruses, and VOCs to keep your indoor air as healthy as possible.
Winix AM90 Top Features
The Winix AM90 air purifier has a number of useful features that help it stand out from the competition, including these advanced technologies:
- Wi-Fi Control – This gives you the ability to connect your air purifier to your smartphone or another mobile device. Using the Winix app, you can change the unit’s settings and set daily running schedules to ensure that you’re always getting the cleanest air in your home, office, or apartment.
- Connects to Alexa – What makes the Winix AM90 air purifier different from competitor models is the fact that this unit can connect to Alexa. This gives you the ability to change the settings using your voice, making this air purifier even easier to operate.
- Smart Sensors – These sensors constantly monitor the air quality of the room to detect airborne pollutants. A signal is then sent to the air purifier to automatically adjust the fan speed to deliver the purest air possible.
- Automatic Mode – Working with the Smart Sensors, this mode ensures that the air purifier is constantly circulating clean air without any user input. You can literally set it and forget it.
- Sleep Mode – If the lights in the room are dimmed or turned off, this sensor will notice and adjust the fan speed to the lowest setting. It also reduces the brightness of the LED lights on the control panel. This ensures that you aren’t disturbed while you are sleeping.
- Air Quality Indicator – This light is located on the top of the unit and shows you real-time information about the quality of air in the room. The LED light colors change from blue (good) to amber (fair) to red (poor).
- Filter Replacement Indicator – This light lets you know that it’s time to replace the filters so you never have to guess.
Who is the Winix AM90 Wi-Fi Air Purifier for?
Because this air purifier does a great job of removing contaminants from the air, it can be a good choice for practically anyone who wants to remove indoor allergens, odors, and airborne chemicals.